Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Welcome to Band

Hi, band it's Mrs. Melendez here. I just wanted to let you know a little about me. I live in Jefferson City with my husband Hector and my 3 children, Evie, Ella, and Isaiah. My husband Hector and I are both saxophone players. We met while serving in military bands together. I am a veteran and was an army bandsman. I have a bachelor's degree in Instrumental Music Education from the University of Central Missouri where I studied saxophone with Dr. James Gai. I have also studied with Dr. Randall Smith  at Truman State University and Dr. Kenneth Tse, University of Iowa (previously at University of Missouri). This is my second year serving as Interparish Band Director and my 4th year teaching. I also play in the Jefferson City Symphonic Community Band and teach private saxophone lessons. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment